Saturday 7 August 2010

I have space in my suitcase.

I thought that statement deserved to be the title of the post, and indeed in the post itself:

I have space in my suitcase.

Not just a little bit at the edge that something tiny could be squeezed into if I tried really really hard, but a big proper gap. Needless to say I'm very confused and worried that I must have forgotten something significant. I even bought an expandable suitcase because I didn't trust myself to pack little enough stuff.

In other news, it's five hours until my taxi arrives and I'm not planning to sleep until then because I'm terrified I'll oversleep and miss the taxi and then the bus and then the plane and not get to America at all. I've set four alarms as well.

And a complaint: I tried to buy some shorts today but there are hardly any in the shops because, of course, they're all switching over to their winter collections. Sigh.

4 comments:

  1. I actually had tons of space in my bag on the way out to Barbados - it's ok, Lori ended up filling it!
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    with stuff that she would otherwise packed herself. We didn't hit on a particularly cheap and uncomfortable way method of air travel.

    Good luck! Have fun!
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's fine, you can fill it with Duty Free Gin on your way back for me

    :op

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the flowers, no worries on the washing up :)

    Hope you had a great journey and are enjoying the land of the free! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since Nik, accourding to rumour, had a sudden need for Fudge maybe it should ahve been filled with the fudge he was meant to be delivering to Chicago

    ReplyDelete